2. This Competition is not valid in conjunction with any other offer, contest or promotion by DPA Microphones, Rycote (“the Organizers”) or their affiliates.
3. The Competition is free to enter and open to any person, except employees of the Organizers. The Competition will be void in any jurisdiction where it is prohibited.
4. The Competition commences at 12.00 midday CEST on October 1, 2020 and closes at 12.00 midday CEST on November 30, 2020. All entries must be received via the Competition Form during this time.
5. By entering the Competition, Entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete. Any Entrants who have supplied incomplete, inaccurate or fraudulent information may be disqualified. The Organizers reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant if there are reasonable grounds to believe that an Entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions or has tampered with the Competition process. Failure by the Organizers to enforce any of their rights at any stage of the Competition does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
6. By entering the Competition, Entrants acknowledge, agree and declare that they are aware that their participation is entirely at their own risk and that they hereby waive, surrender and relinquish in favor of the Organizers all claims of any nature and howsoever arising (including as a result of negligence) which but for this waiver, surrender and relinquishment they may or otherwise have against the Organizers either directly or indirectly arising out of their participation in the Competition.
Judging and selection of Projects
7. A Judging Panel shall be appointed by the Organizers and will include representatives of each company as well as established film sound engineers. The judging shall be based only on the subjective individual opinions of the Judging Panel and shall be final. The Organizers accept no liability for the decisions made by the Judging Panel, and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
8. Three (3) Projects will be chosen by the Judging Panel.
9. If the entry is chosen as a final contender the Organizers will attempt to contact the Entrant by December 15, 2020 via email or phone.
10. When a Project is selected, the Entrant must fulfill the following requirements by January 15, 2021:
- You must execute a release agreement wherein you accept responsibility for obtaining all clearances necessary to exhibit and promote your Project and any promotional materials provided by you in connection with the Competition.
- Warrant that you have the rights necessary for the Organizers to exhibit and promote your Project and use any promotional materials provided by you in connection with the Competition without royalty, payment or other compensation.
- Indemnify and hold harmless the Competition, the Organizers and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition and promotion of your Project in connection with the Competition.
11. Each Winner shall be entitled to receive a Mentoring Session with one of the Mentors described within the Competition promotion material as well as a Competition Prize Pack. The choice of Mentor for each Project will be determined by the Judging Panel. The timing of the Mentoring Session shall be agreed upon between the Mentor and the Winner.
Privacy, communication and liability
. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to DPA Microphones.
13. The Organizers shall not be liable for any tax payable on the value of a Prize Pack in a Winner’s country, and any tax payable shall be borne by each Winner. Where required by law, the Organizers shall inform the local taxation authorities of the Prize Pack received by the Winner.
14. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organizers, they reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
15. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Organizers (including their officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: d. Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether under the Organizers’ control or not). e. Any theft, unauthorized access or third-party interference. f. Any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (before or after receipt by the Organizers) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organizers. g. Any variation in the type and specifications of the Prize Pack to that stated in these Terms and Conditions and/or on the Competition information promoted on the Organizers’ websites. h. Any Prize Pack that has not been received by the claimant after dispatch by the Organizers. i. Any Prize Pack that has been damaged in transit. j. Any tax liability incurred by an Entrant. k. Use of the Prize Pack.